Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Update

  
  It's finally starting to cool down here in Chicago, but we had our hottest weekend yet. This weekend really seemed to fly by though, which surprised me since my husband was gone working for most of it. Friday he was off though and we went and got the rest of the plants for our garden, had lunch at one of our favorite Mexican spots, then came home to plant. Saturday was spent in the backyard playing in water, and I took out their little pool to splash around in since it was over 90 degrees. Then Sunday I took the boys out for coffee and donuts, stopped at the farmer's market where we picked up some delicious strawberries and focaccia, and then the park. Later I was even able to get my oldest to nap, so I could take lay down for a bit. Then we made dinner and had my favorite summertime dessert, strawberry shortcake. Here's to hoping this week goes fast since we are spending Memorial day weekend in Indiana. Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend as much as I did. I also really need to take more pictures, so I have some more to share with you guys:)

1 comment:

  1. It was a hot one here too. At least the evenings were a little cooler. Sounds like you guys had a laid back relaxing weekend. Ours was too. Although, I am jealous of the strawberry shortcake. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete