Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Being Present

     You may have noticed I haven't been posting as often and it's for a reason. For one I've been spending most of my free time researching homeschooling, you wouldn't believe how much information is out there. I never thought of homeschooling before so once I started looking into it I was overwhelmed with all the information out there. It's amazing how many options are out there now for homeschoolers. I will have an update soon about what we are doing for school next year, once we have it completely figured out.
     The other thing is I've been trying to be more present in my real life. I was starting to feel  between blogger and Facebook I was becoming a little consumed with the Internet and not spending enough time in my real life. I realized I was constantly checking Facebook or blogs and looking at what is going on in other peoples lives when I should just be living my own. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy looking at blogs and Facebook, but I just need to do less of it. I was also starting to feel like I need to post something everyday or at least every other day, even if I really didn't feel like it and that just seems silly. I started this blog as a place for me to express myself and document our life so I can remember things I otherwise may forget and that's what I want it to be. I will still be posting a few times a week I'm sure, but my posts will be more intentional. 
    So if you are seeing a little less of me it is because I am spending time with these guys.
                                                               Look who got a haircut



                                                  Yes this is how their room normally looks

2 comments:

  1. I have to step away from the internet from time to time as well. It's easy to get consumed with this stuff. I try to only get online if I'm in the chair feeding the baby, or if all the kids are asleep. I'm definitely interested in what you learned about homeschooling...it's something we've discussed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely AGREE about how everything internet can seem to consume time/life at times. Especially blogging -- it should be something that is done with a purpose -- and not just to do it! I feel like I'm just posting nonsense at times because I feel like I'm expected to post something! lol

    I hope you're living life awesomely ;) I can't wait to read more about homeschooling -- what an undertaking!

    ReplyDelete