Friday, January 6, 2012

Dinner Is Ready 30 meals in one day Book Review

    


    Not too long ago I purchased a groupon to Dream Dinners. Basically it's a place where you go to prepare meals for your family and freeze them to use when you want. This way all you need to do is thaw the meal and cook, all the prep work is done already. I loved this idea, especially since most nights I am home alone with the kids and it's hard to prepare healthy meals with 3 kids who want my attention. Unfortunately though Dream Dinners is not in our budget to do every month and that is when I discovered this book, Dinner Is Ready and I was very excited to try it.
    Dinner Is Ready is a complete guide to help you make 30 meals to freeze for your family in just one day. You can check out there website here for more information or sample recipes.  I will tell you I was a little intimidated at first since I was going to be doing this all on my own, but once I looked through the book I felt better since it breaks things down in simple steps and you don't even have to make 30 meals if you think that is too much at first you can start with 5 or 10, whatever you feel comfortable with. The first couple chapters prepare you for what you will need and some tips before you even start. It tells you what utensils and items you should have ready to use as well as tips for what recipes to choose. After reading through the first few chapters I looked through the recipes. There are lots of delicious recipes and different categories to choose from: Slow cooker, oven, stove top, and assemble recipes. All the recipes are very easy to put together and many ingredients overlap, which is nice, especially for your budget. 
     After tasting one of the recipes I was definitely sold on this idea. They were easy to make and delicious, plus there are lots of them try. I recommend this book to anyone looking to make dinner time a little easier. You can also buy software that goes along with the book, which I highly recommend it makes the whole process that much easier plus you can add your own recipes to it if you want . All you need to do to use the software is select your recipes, then it will make a shopping list with all the ingredients you need for them. I cannot tell you how much I loved this software it makes things so easy for you. All you need to do after you have the shopping list is check your house for items you may already have then head to the store to buy the rest. Plus this book is great for your budget since most of the recipes are fairly inexpensive, you can buy in bulk which saves money, and it helps you not to eat out as much since you always have easy meals on hand when you need them. If you would like to purchase Dinner Is Ready or any of their other products you can go here or here. I would recommend giving Dinner Is Ready a try it will make your life much easier especially on those hectic night where the kids are crabby, you are working late, or you are running around all day.  I love having easy recipes on hand that only take a few steps to prepare, anything that makes my life easier and saves time is a winner in my book.

*Disclaimer- Dinner Is Ready provided me with this book and software to review, in no way did this alter my opinion  of this product. Everything written is my own opinion and 100% honest.*

1 comment:

  1. Sounds enticing! 30 meals in one day?! A little intimidating like you said, but definitely peaks my interest! :)

    ReplyDelete