Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pirate's Treasure Hunt

Liam loves the show Jake and the Neverland Pirates. So, last week we did a treasure hunt. He loved it, and has asked to do one almost everyday since. It's a fun activity, and you can even do it indoors on a rainy day. We had some nice weather, so we did ours outside on our block, but you can even make it longer depending on how long you would like it to last.

                  First I painted a craft box from Michael's then once it was dried I glued the flag on top.

                                       Then I filled it with goodies. Gold coins and pirate suckers.

        I made a treasure map by just burning the edges of some construction paper, drawing a simple  map, and crinkling it. Liam napped that day, so I left it rolled up where I knew he would see it when he woke up and told him that the pirates must have lost it.



                                                                        His compass
                                   Halloween books that I hid along with the chest outside.


                                                                     Starting the hunt!

             Looking for treasure. We left gold coins along the way for him to find while looking for the treasure.



                        He found the X! I just used two sticks to make it, but if you want you can also use tape.


                                                Super excited he found the pirate chest.



Liam loved this activity and it was pretty cheap. Most of the stuff I got at the dollar store and probably spent about $6 total. If you have a girl not into pirates you can always change it up and have it as fairies leaving their pixie dust and treasures or anything else they are in to.  Hope you have as much fun as we did!

5 comments:

  1. I love the pirates treasure hunt. My DD 7 would love this. Thanks. I will try it soon and post too. Nice idea. New follower here from the hop. Hope you will pop by for a follow back.

    http://www.thriftymommastips.com/
    @inkscrblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! so cute and the ideas for the girls sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I forgot to remind you that I'm featuring you today on my blog!!!

    http://professionallyinsanem.blogspot.com/2011/10/feature-blogger-thursday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Saw your site on Oh So Saavy, I'll definitely be following. Check out my site if you're interested. http://www.shopnmom.com

    ReplyDelete