Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Montessori Style Number Cards

     Last week I was telling you guys how I felt bad about not sending Liam ti a Montessori school. After thinking about it for a while I decided that I would just try to do more Montessori style work with him at home while the younger ones were napping, since I used to be a teacher.
    I didn't have time to get to the store yet, so I made some Halloween number cards with what we had at home. All you need is card stock, stickers, scissors, and a marker. Simply cut about 1/4 off the top so they are all the same size. Write numbers 1-10 on the smaller cards and place 1-10 stickers on the larger cards, and then you are done. Have your child line up the numbers in the correct order, then pick a card and count how many stickers are on it and place it under the correct number. If your child wants more to do after that you can have them make their own number card book by writing numbers and placing stickers or stamps on their card. Super easy to do, I made mine in 20 minutes while Liam was at preschool and when he came home we did them together. He thought they were super fun. As I make more works for Liam I will continue to post them, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, good for you! A very super-mom type thing to do! I look forward to seeing what else you're going to do - I'll file them away in my head for a couple of years from now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I love your page and you have a new GFC Fan! I am playing Blog Tag...YOUR IT!, tag me back at:
    http://my-bloggityblog.blogspot.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloggity-Blog/260564090644111

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and thanks for sharing. This is right on time for me. I just decided that I would start integrating more Montessori into our day as well. Keep the ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete