Wednesday, August 24, 2011

They say it's your birthday....

     Happy Birthday to me!  Today was with birthday, which as I have gotten older tends to just seem like another day.  Today was a very nice birthday, even though we didn't do much. I gave myself the day off from working out and decided to be more relaxed. I let the kids watch two episodes of Jake and the Neverland Pirates. They rarely watch TV and usually I feel guilty if I let them, but today I did and instead of cleaning while they watched it,  I read blogs. Then we met my husband at work for dinner and came home and played outside for an hour.



                                                  He loves the camera

                             He insisted on taking a picture with his leaf

                           No one will stay still  at the same time for a pic

                                             Can't believe how big he is already


  Plus my kids seemed extra sweet today, an added bonus on my birthday.  I was wearing a dress today (which is rare and part of me trying to dress more like me pre-kids), nothing fancy just a jersey dress and Liam (my 3 year old) said "wow mom you're beautiful, dad's going to think you look so beautiful when he sees you."  Then afterschool he asked if I was wearing my headband so I would look beautiful and I said yes, then he said well you know you're beautiful without it too. What a little sweetheart.  I need to remember this next time he has a melt down. Oh yeah, and my husband brought flowers home for me and gave me kindle. I could use more days like this.  All and all a great day, maybe I need to be relaxed more often.

10 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing all these cute photos with us.

    following from Thursday of Joe blog hop. I hope you visit/follow my blog if you have time. I also have some giveaways if you would like to enter.
    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!

    Visiting from Thursday Cup of Joe and now Follow you via GFC:)

    I also co-host a weekly Wednesday Block Party Hop if you would like to join in the Fun!

    http://www.frugalplus.com/p/wednesdays-block-party-hop.html

    ~ Jill

    http://www.frugalplus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kiddos are SUPER cute!!! Happy Birthday :)

    New follower!

    WM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Wow, what a bunch you got there ;)

    I'm a mother to an almost 7 yr-old daughter. We never planned to have only one child, but I guess it just happens that way. After years of feeling quite content having only one child though, I've been thinking about having another one quite a lot lately ;)

    Your little ones are already showing signs they know what they're talkin' about!! How sweet that he mentioned you'd look pretty with/without a headband!

    Am a new follower from Terrific Thursday blog hop. Would love to have you stopped by my blog and follow back. I'm also hosting a hop called Thoughtful Thursday. Please come by and link up! :) You can find me at http://dosweatthesmallstuffblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Happy Birthday! :) (a day late!)

    Your Liam - ADORABLE. Don't you just love the things that they say sometimes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! The photo of your three kids on the ground is very cute. You must be so busy! My three are spread apart by years.

    I'm late to the Get Wired Wednesday blog hop. I'm your new follower and would love it if you would follow me back @ http://westvistaurbanfarmschool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Thursday hop.

    You have a beautiful family. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg they are all adorable! and happy belated birthday :)

    i'm your newest follower. i hope you can take the time to stop by my blog and maybe follow me back! :)

    lindsay @ http://lindsayelizabethm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday! Don't you love those mommy moments. Those little boogers really can be a handful, but they also can be so sweet and sincere. Thanks for stopping by the Sit and Relax weekend hop again! See you next time,
    Michelle
    Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

    ReplyDelete