Sunday, June 26, 2011

Organization

This is something I seriously lack and am trying to get better at.  Having 3 kids and living in a small house (968sqft to be exact) I need to become good at this because otherwise it's chaos, which makes for a crabby mommy.  We actually tried to sell our house, but that didn't work out in this market so then I just complained and started hating our house.  Then I decided that instead of wasting my time disliking our situation I need to make the most of it because things could really be much worse.  I started reading blogs and looking at different sites where I saw many people live in small houses and make it work and even seem big.  Now I just need to learn how to do it.  I guess part of the reason I feel this way is also because of people's reactions when I tell them we have 3 kids in our house, but somehow our neighbor raised 5 kids in their house so 3 is more then possible.  One blog I have read that is truly inspiring in making the most of a space is Picnics in the Park she has 3 soon to be 4 kids in one room yet it looks so spacious and every child seems to have their own space.  I also love Greta's style, her blog has given me ideas for my boys' room.  Any advice in organization will be much appreciated and I will post pics and let you in on anything I learn along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Organization advice: Buy tons of containers, shelving, and garbage cans (for everything you get rid of). We don't need half of what we have. Truly. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete