Monday, September 19, 2011

Getting out of a Funk

   


     Yesterday if you stopped by, you probably read I was feeling kind of crabby. Today I've been feeling a bit better, and after spending some time at the park with the kids and having a chance to vent to one of my favorite mommas I now feel much better. Then I thought if I share with you guys I will probably feel even better then I do now.
     Yesterday when we got home I was fine, but then I had some errands to run (that ended up being useless) in the pouring rain and just got into a funk from there. I came home and looked in our living room with all the piles of clothes and stuff from our trip and just started getting irritated as I tripped over toys and bags. Our house is tiny and when it is cluttered I realized it stresses me out, so I try to keep it organized for the most part, but sometimes with 3 kids and when you just come home from vacation that just doesn't happen.
     I think I mentioned that about a year ago we had our house on the market, but no one was even looking at it and our realtor wanted us to just keep lowering the price. Unfortunately there was only so low we could go. After a while we just felt it wasn't worth the stress to keep it on the market. Our neighbors was for 2 years and they just ended up renting it a month ago. So when we first realized we were going to have to stay here for a while, maybe a long while I was upset, this was just suppose to be our starter home. I eventually got over it and tried to make the most of things, but I still have moments where it bothers me.
    Trust me I know many people are in similar situations or even worse and I don't have much to really complain about, but sometimes it's just nice to vent. Plus with my period coming I know I am super emotional. I went two years straight without my period, since I never had one between Declan and Rory now they just seem much worse then I remember.
     Now I am just trying to remember all the wonderful things I have to be thankful for and focus on that because I know in the grand scheme of things the size of our house really doesn't matter it's the people in it. 

12 comments:

  1. We all get into funks! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, the people in is all that matters :) Try to always look on the bright side of things. I'm a new follower and would love it if you could follow me back :)

    http://www.ifonlylifecouldbethatsimple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have been in a funk since March. I blamed it last night on all the male hormones in my system right now. My husband laughed, and then saw I was being serious. and just asked "Really?" I said yes, at least it will be over soon and I will have a happy, healthy, baby boy to focus on. Hang in there, it has to go up at some point right?

    www.thehickmanfour.blogspot.com
    www.touchofhomelearning.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted this... I have a tiny house too and the slightest mess looks huge. It frustrates me to no end! I get crabby about it just like you. I'm glad to at least know that someone else feels like I do!

    Thanks for linking up at the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate, we bought our house 6 years ago and planned to be here for 4 or 5 years.... We are still here and now the eldest has started school which makes moving even more stressful!

    Hopping in form the Thrifty Peach blog hop, now your newest follower.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all feel like this sometimes. I hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to what you are saying. When the house is a mess, it definitely puts me on edge. And I get really cranky before my period comes. I hope you are out of your funk now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like we are all on the same cycle...lol. I was having the same issue the other day...mine was just because I was in a funk and could not figure it out until I looked at the calender...Booyah aunt flo time. Hang in there hope you are feeling better today. Rain does not help the situation :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just have to say that even those who have a house big enough.. it will never be big enough lol You always find crap to fill it and then you have an overload. hang in there!

    I'm a new follower. Stopping by from Mommy of Two Little Monkeys :)



    Amanda
    www.mommyoftwolittlemonkeys.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there! We are outgrowing our house and it is tough...sometimes it feels very claustrophobic, but I too have to remember that I share it with the best husband and coolest kids I know. Venting is good too - don't bottle it up or it gets worse. I hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fear that my prime funk season is coming soon with the days getting shorter. It's hard to be chipper when 4 boys drive you nuts and the daylight lasts about 5 hours.

    Thanks for joining in on the Wednesday Curious blog hop! Hope you'll stop by again next week.

    Laura O in AK
    daybydayinourworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think as mom's it is hard to always be up and we are expected to be up all the time. I don't know if this helps at all but you are not alone!
    I love your site! You just got yourself a new fan. Following you via GFC. Playing Blog hop tag, YOU'RE IT! Tag me back at:
    http://my-bloggityblog.blogspot.com/ and on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloggity-Blog/26056409064411

    ReplyDelete