Saturday, July 23, 2011

Date Night=Great Night

The night before I had Rory(scheduled c-section) we dropped the kids off at my in laws to spend the night and Jack and I went out to dinner. After talking we realized it had been four months since we were alone, so we decided that once we settled in with Rory we would try to go out together at least once a month. I bought a groupon that was about to expire, so I wanted to make sure to use it, therefore our excuse to go out. Have I ever mentioned how much I love groupon not only for the awesome discounts, but I buy things for Jack and I to do then we actually have to use them and make plans because that's where we always seem to fail. We never plan ahead to go out, so it just never happens but when I buy groupons for restaurants or activities I'll see that they are going to expire and decide we need to find a sitter.
 We went to dinner at Formosa (chinese food) in Woodridge, it was pretty good I especially liked the desserts, super yummy and the perfect size so you are not stuffed.  Then we were going to go to the 8:00pm show to see Horrible Bosses, but it was sold out so we got tickets for the 10:00pm. We had a couple of hours to kill, so we walked around to the different stores and I bought some shoes, they had buy one get one 1/2 off so of course I had to get two pairs:)


 The best part though was just being able to spend time with my husband and talk without being interrupted and actually be able to finish conversations.  It's great to be able to hang out and remember who you were as a couple before being mom and dad.
Conculsion: super fun night that we need to do more often because even a few hours away= one happy mommy and daddy. I almost feel like I need to set a reminder, so we will actually go out once a month, which is pretty sad. We have been getting better though this was our 2nd night out since I had Rory and he's 3 1/2 months.

3 comments:

  1. Date nights are always important! Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower :-) Hubby and I need to have a date night!! We usually only get that on our anniversary!! Love the new shoes, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm glad you had a night away! After baby(ies), it's always hard to take the time out for yourselves. I'd say once a month is a good goal to have! :) (At least!)

    ReplyDelete